20th May 2017, Buzet
A VR 360° video was also made of the event. Even without goggles, turn your mobile device around, up and down, to appreciate it at its fullest.
This VintageAirRally was a private event, combining vintage biplanes and cars in a format never done before. The Start and Finish lines were at Buzet aerodrome, just to the south of Brussels.
We had teams (four people per team) travelling in a vintage biplane and a vintage car – who competed to lift the prize at the end of the day.
Teams were created in the following order of priority:
- A pre-formed team of car and biplane (both vintage).
- A pre-formed team of vintage car and modern biplane.
- Individual vintage biplanes (which we tried connect to a vintage car owner).
- Individual vintage car (which we tried to connect to a vintage biplane owner).
- Individual vintage car (which we tried to connect to a modern biplane owner).
- Individual modern plane (which we tried to connect to a vintage car owner).
Non-vintage cars (built 1967 or later) were not accepted.
Priority was given to the older/more exotic aeroplanes and cars.
For the narrative please click on the link below: